SXU Health Center
Welcome to the Health Center at Saint Xavier University! We are unique in that we serve students, faculty, staff, and members of the community. We are nurse practitioner-led primary care clinic and therefore provide a variety of services for our patient population. We are open year-round (including summer!) and only close for major holidays. Our mission is to provide accessible and affordable holistic care that upholds the SXU standard for excellence.
We are in-network with many insurance carriers. However, if you are out-of-network, uninsured, or prefer to pay out-of-pocket we offer reasonable self-pay rates. Please call 773-298-3712 for pricing.
Starting August 24, 2020 the SXU Health Center is offering COVID-19 testing to students, staff and faculty. At this time we are unable to offer it to members of the community, but we may be able to in the future.
Testing is performed by appointment only. Please call 773-298-3712 with any questions or to make an appointment.
All SXU students, faculty and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19, are experiencing symptoms suspicious for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 should stay home and fill out our HIPAA-secure COVID-19 Reporting Form.
Responses will only be used for the purposes of contact tracing and for our state-mandated reporting duties. Those who prefer not to use this form or are unable can contact the SXU Health Center at 773-298-3712 to provide the necessary information.
COVID-19 Infection Control Measures
During the COVID-19 outbreak the SXU Health Center has implemented numerous procedures to protect our staff and patients:
- All patients are required to wear face masks while they are inside the Health Center. Staff will also be wearing face masks.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may be offered an in-person or telemedicine (phone or secure video link) appointment.
- If there are too many people in our waiting room we may ask you to complete paperwork in an exam room or to wait in your car until your room is ready.
- No visitors are allowed. Patients under 18 years old may be accompanied by one parent or guardian.
- No walk-ins are accepted to allow for proper screening. We may still be able to accommodate same day appointments; call 773-298-3712 to make an appointment.
Schedule an Appointment
We often have same-day appointments available, but we ask that you call ahead of time during business hours so that you do not have to wait unnecessarily.
We offer sick visits for anyone 18 months of age and older. Please note that many illnesses will need to be seen via telemedicine (phone or secure video link) at this time. The following are some examples of visit reasons:
- Sore throat/strep throat
- Cold/flu (including rapid flu testing)
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Pink eye
- Ear irrigation
- Mono (including rapid mono testing)
- Minor Injury (no X-ray services on site)
- STD testing and treatment
- Mental health (can treat basic anxiety/depression, depending on severity may be referred to a mental health professional)
- School/well-child physicals (preschool through college)
- Sports physicals
- Camp physicals
- Health program physicals
- Work physicals
- DOT physicals
- Well-woman physicals (including pap smears)
- DOT physicals
- Illinois Bus driver physicals
- DOT drug screens
- Learn about our additional services on our Occupational Health Services page.
- Urine drug screens
- PPD placements/readings
- Quantiferon gold
- All required immunizations
- All of our specimens are sent to Quest Diagnostics for processing.
- We offer adult and pediatric blood draws (including lead testing).
- Patients can bring in lab orders from outside medical providers for specimen collection. The results are then sent directly to the provider.
- Many of our nurse practitioners are certified CPR instructors through the American Heart Association.
- Please see our CPR Classes page for information on schedules and classes offered.
- Our staff offers health education on various topics around the SXU campus and throughout the community.
- Looking for a speaker at your school or place of business? Let one of our nurse practitioners give a presentation on a health topic of your choice to your students or employees.
- We participate in health fairs around the Chicagoland area to provide information on health topics.
- We offer nicotine and tobacco cessation counseling and treatment provided individually and in groups.
"My first experience at the SXU Health Center was professional and caring. I was greeting with a smile, and felt like they welcomed me. They also had the vaccine I needed when my own pharmacy did not. Appreciated that convenience immensely."
"The SXU Health Center is extremely convenient, is very clean and the employees are professional and friendly. I will use it as often as possible. Great experience as always."
"This is a little unknown gem in the community. The staff is so nice and so professional.
They aren't overbooked and I got in and out quickly. Thank you to Saint Xavier's for
offering the clinic for all of us."
Schedule an appointment
If you'd like to schedule an appointment, please call 773-298-3712.
The Health Center is located at 3925 W. 103rd Street (Driehaus Center).